BOOK EICR | ELECTRICAL TESTING TODAY
How long does an EICR take?
At AH Electrical Services In Manchester our professional, qualified &
certified electricians take a minimum of 1.5 – 2 hours for even a 1 bedroom flat. This is to ensure that your EICR is carried out properly. On occasion an EICR can take up to 4 hours, at the same fixed price. We have had customers in Manchester telling us the last “company” carried out these testsin 45 minutes. It is unfortunate, but we have been called out to several homes where people have experienced shocks or melted consumer units, dangerous sockets etc to find the test has not been carried out, simply the paperwork filled out to give unscrupulous companies a hassle free “pass” and the “electrician” a quick pay day.
Who can perform an EICR?
EICR’s should only be carried out by a qualified & certified electrician. You should always check to make sure that the electrician is registered with a third party accredited company like STROMA. All EICR’s carried out by AH Electrical Services electricians are approved by a third party accredited company.
HOW OFTEN ARE EICR'S REQUIRED?
It is recommended that an EICR is carried out at the following times:
- For tenanted properties, every 5 years. Also it is recommended at each change of occupancy as tenants may have altered or damaged existing electrics. After the first full inspection, we offer a £65 quick inspection to make sure there is no damage to the electrical installation.
- At least every 10 years for an owner-occupied home that way we can
check if there has been any deterioration that may signal damp, or
perhaps mice , rats etc that enjoy a chew on cables!
- At least every 5 years for a business keeping you, employees and
- The Landlords and Tenant Act 1985 requires landlords who use properties with short leases to keep the electrical wiring in repair and in proper working order. We recommend landlords arrange for an EICR to be carried out by a registered electrician at the relevant intervals shown above.
- Periodic inspection and testing of the electrics should be carried out more frequently on the places and premises listed here:
- 3 years for a caravan
- 1 year for a swimming pool and changing rooms
If you have a Vision We will help you to turn it into reality
THE NEW PIR CERTIFICATE
Please get in contact with us with your new project or enquiries.
The new PIR test certificate is called the EICR electrical installation condition report. Fixed Wire Testing (also referred to as Periodic Inspection Report) is a procedure that’s undertaken to evaluate and report on the condition of an electrical installation to help ensure its/ your safety. Therefore, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommend periodic electrical inspections and testing should be undertaken at all places of work. The procedure previously described is to minimise risks and ensure your electrical installation complies with all relevant regulations AH Electrical Services provide comprehensive Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) to comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations and BS7671:2011.
According to the IET wiring regulations –
- EIGHTEENTH EDITION
- Chapter 62 – 622 Frequency of Inspection and Testing
- 622.1 – The frequency of periodic Inspection and Testing of an installation shall be determined having regard to the type of installation th equipment, its use and operation, the frequency and quality of maintenance and external influences to which it is subjected. The results and recommendations of the previous report, if any, shall be taken into account.
- 622.2 – In case of an installation under an effective management system for preventative maintenance in normal use, periodic inspection and testing may be replaced by an adequate regime of continuous monitoring and maintenance of the installation and all its constituent equipment by skilled persons, competent in such work appropriate records shall be kept.